Friday, October 3, 2014

Transformers Junkionisms and Similar Quotations

Some characters like to speak exclusively in pop culture references. 
JUNKIONS
Movie + Show
Movie
   "Operators are standing by!" / "Film at eleven" / "Eliminate even the toughest stains." - Generic phrases
   "Don't look behind door #2, Monty!" - Let's Make a Deal.
   "Ger-ronny-doo-ron-ron-ronny-mo!" - "Geronimo!" war cry + "Da Doo Ron Ron" by The Crystals
   "You check in, but you don't check out." - parody of the tagline for Roach Motel insect traps
   "Happy motoring!" - Esso gas company slogan.
The Killing Jar
   "No candid camera insta-clicks me!" - Candid Camera
   "Book me, Danno, I have the right to remain silent!" - Hawaii Five-O
   "What a revoltin' development!" - The Life of Riley.
   "We've gotta get out of this place!" - song of the same name by The Animals.
   "Hugh is in good hands." - Allstate Insurance slogan.
   "Junk? Wreck-Gar phoned home!" - E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial
   "Go back, Jack, do it again!" - "Do It Again" by Steely Dan.
Forever Is a Long Time Coming
   "Golly, Mr. Wizard." - Watch Mr. Wizard.
   "We've come a long way, baby!" - Virginia Slim cigarette ad campaign
   "Exceptional headache #1." - Excedrin ad campaign.
The Big Broadcast of 2006
   "Here's looking at you, kid." - Casablanca.
   "For a transcript, send $1 to Merkle Press." - Meet the Press.
   "Live from New York, it's... your hit parade!" - Saturday Night Live; The Hit Parade.
   "Say goodnight, Gracie!" - reference to comedienne Gracie Allen.
   "Oh, Cisco! / Oh, Pancho!" - The Cisco Kid
   "Fly somebody else's friendly skies!" - United Airlines slogan ("Fly the Friendly Skies")
   "And that's the name of that tune!" - Baretta; Name That Tune.
   "Tenk you veddy much!" - Taxi.
   "Your mission, should you choose to accept it..." - Mission Impossible.
   "And don't call me Chief!" - Superman
   "Sorry about that, Chief!" - Get Smart.
   "Missed me by that much!" - Get Smart.
   "Warning, Will Robinson! Danger! Danger!" - Lost in Space.
   "I pity the fool." - Mr. T.
   "Let's consume mass quantities of TV!" - Saturday Night Live (the Coneheads sketch).
   "Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! It's..." - Superman.
   "Great Caesar's Ghost!" - Superman.
   "Lassie." - Lassie.
   "Baby, you're the greatest." - The Honeymooners.
   "Mrs. Peel, we're needed." - The Avengers (the old TV show, not the Marvel film).
   "Our five-year mission... to boldly share..." - Star Trek.
   "There is nothing wrong with your television set..." - The Outer Limits.
   "We've got the touch!" - "The Touch" by Stan Bush.
   "Lookin' gooood!" - Chico and the Man.
   "Laser Wars... nothing but Laser Wars...!" - Saturday Night Live (Bill Murray singing Star Wars).
   "Ward, I think we've been a little rough on the Beaver." - Leave It to Beaver.
   "Go ahead... make my day." - Sudden Impact.
   "I dunno! I wuz a victim of soicumstance! Yuk yuk yuk!" - The Three Stooges.
The Dweller in the Depths
   "Yo, Joe!" - G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero.
   "Here I come to save the day!" - Mighty Mouse.
   "Ai-yai-yai!" - I Love Lucy.
   "Can this be... the end... of little Wreck-Gar?" - Little Caesar.
The Return of Optimus Prime, Part 1
   "Lucy, Lucy, what have you done now?" - I Love Lucy.
   "I'm a doctor, not a forklift!" - Star Trek.
   "He's dead, Jim." - Star Trek.
   "His engines, they cannae take the strain!" - Star Trek.
   "I'm a pepper! Wouldn't you like to be a pepper, too?" - Dr. Pepper ad campaign.
Comics (Marvel UK)
Wanted: Galvatron -- Dead or Alive! (#113-114)
   ??? - Bob's Full House.
   "What's yours called?" - Renault 5 advert {cover only}
Hunters (#117-118)
   "And that's Blockbusters!" - Blockbusters.
   "Your starter for ten." - University Challenge.
   "Jim'll fix it!" - Jim'll Fix It.
Fire on High! (#119-120)
   "If you want to do it, B&Q it!" - B&Q catchphrase.
   "It's Childsplay!" - Childsplay.
   "Jus' like that!" - Tommy Cooper catchphrase.
   "Nudge nudge, wink, wink, know what I mean?" - Monty Python's Flying Circus.
   "Vorsprung durch Technik, as the Germans say." - Audi tagline.
   "I'm boldly going where no man has gone before." - Star Trek.
The Legacy of Unicron! (#146-151)
   "Tonight on Question Time, we ask..." - Question Time.
   "Four faults!" - ???
   "Your mission, should you choose to accept it..." - Mission Impossible.
   "...disavow any knowledge..." - Mission Impossible.
   "...will self-destruct in five seconds!" - Mission Impossible.
   "Analysis, Mr. Spock!" - Star Trek.
   "It's time to countdown to today's prize." - Countdown.
   "So it's goodnight from me... and goodnight from him!" - The Two Ronnies.
   "Th-th-that's all, folks!" - Looney Tunes.
The Big Broadcast of 2006 (#180-181)
   "I'll take American History for five hundred, please." - Jeopardy!
   "Trust me... I know what I'm doing." - Sledge Hammer!
   "I'll squeal, Mister Regan." - The Sweeney.
   "Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin..." - Listen with Mother.
   "Same time, same channel." - Batman (1960s show; made it famous, at least).
   "Good night, children... everywhere!" - Children's Hour.
Space Pirates! (#182-187)
   "Great Balls of Fire!" - "Great Balls of Fire" by Jerry Lee Lewis.
   "L.A. Law this ain't." - L.A. Law.
   "No mealtime treat." - unknown
   "Tense, nervous headache." / "Nothing acts faster than Anadin." - Anadin adverts.
   "Bite it, crunch it, chew it!" - Cadbury's Boost jingle.
   "Tonight on The Clothes Show." - The Clothes Show.
   "Top of the Pops on the Quintessons' hit-list was Cybertron." - Top of the Pops.
   "...and it's still not safe to go back in the water." - Jaws tagline.
   "For up to 20% fewer fillings, use Gibbs Sr!" - Gibbs Sr advert (first advert ever on British TV)
   "...the sweet you can eat between meals!" - Milky Way Bar advert (allegedly)
   "Shot my bolt, Bernie." - The Golden Shot (possibly).
   "It'll take more than Five Alive to pep me up." - Five Alive juice drink.
   "Talk about close shaves... I was so impressed, I bought the company!" - Remington Electric Shaves advert
   "The needs of the many must take precedence over the needs of the one, Captain." - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (paraphrased).
   "Autobots must be warned of Quintessons' university challenge." - University Challenge.
   "It'll be winner takes all if we don't make our home run now!" - Winner Takes All.
   "I'm afraid it's time for closedown." - A phrase used when TV stations used to shut down after midnight.
   "Only when Bob say Opportunity Knocks!" - Opportunity Knocks.
   "Until then we follow the Green Cross Code." - The phrase for looking both ways before crossing the street
   "Run silent. Run deep. You know it makes sense." - Run Silent, Run Deep; Only Fools and Horses.
   "Yeah. Why slowmo... when you can Flymo!" - Flymo lawn mower advert.
   "Need extra strength Daz. Reaches the parts of engines other powers can't stir!" - Daz washing detergent advert.
   "Points mean prizes!" - Bruce Forsyth's catchphrase on Play Your Cards Right.
   "She flies through the air with the greatest of ease!" - "The Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze" song
   "I'm going to have to offer that to the other side!" - generic game show line.
   "Today, the Wish You Were Here Team visits..." - Wish You Were Here...?.
Regenerated (my fan-fiction)
Unicron Saga IX: Beasts of Burden
    "I've got the funny feeling me you don't love me anymore." - "You Don't Love Me Anymore" by "Weird Al" Yankovic.
Scavengers, or: How Not To Be a Decepticon
    "Honey, I'm home!" -- I Love Lucy
    "Annie, are you okay? Are you okay, Annie?" -- "Smooth Criminal" by Michael Jackson
    "Hello, it's me." -- "Hello" by Adele 
    "Well, all righty then!" -- Ace Ventura.
    "Let's get down to business!" -- "I'll Make A Man Out Of You" by Donny Osmond
    "Where a can of wheat is always asked!" -- Blue Diamond commercial.
Prime Wars XV: The Dreamer's Disease
    "Thank you for coming home! I'm sorry that the chairs are all worn; I left them here I could have sworn" -- "Gold" by Spandau Ballet
    "I saw the bad moon a-rising. Trouble on the way. Hope you got your things together." -- "Bad Moon Rising" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
    "You shouldn't have come here. You're all going to die out here." -- Kong: Skull Island
    "Calling occupants of interplanetary craft! We are your friends!" -- song by The Carpenters
Prime Wars XVI: The Seething Moon
    "And the man in the back said everyone attack and it turned into a ball-" -- "Ballroom Blitz" by Sweet
    "No wise man has the power to reason away." -- "What a Fool Believes" by The Doobie Brothers
    "Come together, right now." -- song by The Beatles
    "If you don't love me now, you'll never love me again." -- "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac
    "You can go your own way." -- song by Fleetwood Mac
    "I've got the brains, you've got the brawn. Let's make lots of money." -- "Opportunities" by Pet Shop Boys
Prime Wars XVII: Never Break the Chain
   -- "Goodbye Song" from Bear in the Big Blue House
Pax Cybertronia V: Second Chances
    "Bring out your dead!" "Here's one!" -- Monty Python and the Holy Grail
    "That boy ain't right." -- King of the Hill
    "He's got two, two sparks, a-ha-ha." -- Sesame Street
    "Where do we go now?" -- "Sweet Child O' Mine" by Guns n' Roses
    "The wheel in the sky keeps on turning." -- "Wheel in the Sky" by Journey
    "Don't know where we're going. Let's go." -- "No Cars Go" by Arcade Fire
Pax Cybertronia VII: The Unspoken Truth
    "Oh, mama, I'm in fear for my life from the long arm of the--" -- "Renegade" by Styx
MOVIE BUMBLEBEE
Films
Transformers
   "Thank you, you're beautiful! You're wonderful, you're wonderful." - Tom Cruise? 
   "Message from Starfleet, Captain." - Star Trek.
   "Throughout the inanimate vastness of space." -- The War of the Worlds.
   "Any more questions you want to ask?" - El Dorado.
   "If there's anything you need, I won't be far away." - Forrest Gump.
   "There are some things you just can't change." - Forrest Gump.
   Songs: "Drive" by The Cars, "Sexual Healing" by Marvin Gaye, "Baby Come Back" by Player, "Second to None" by Styles of Beyond
Revenge of the Fallen
   "Houston, we have a problem." - Apollo 13.
   "We--we've got to stick together!" - It's a Wonderful Life.
   "Everything we worked for will be wiped out in one day." - High Noon.
   Songs: "Super Freak" by Rick James, "Your Cheatin' Heart" by Hank Williams, Jaws theme by John Williams, "Brick House" by The Commodores, "I'm So Excited" by The Pointer Sisters
Dark of the Moon
   "Missed it by that much!" - Get Smart.
   "Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were a kid?" - Tommy Boy.
   "My friend." - Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.
   "I gotta be going on." - Shane
   "Goodbye, my old friend." - The Godfather: Part III.
   "Get off me!" - Saving Private Ryan.
   "We really had a hell of a run." - 48 hrs
Age of Extinction
   "This child is about to." - Star Trek: The Motion Picture
   "Kick your ass." - White Men Can't Jump. [unconfirmed]
   "You talking to me like that." - The Untouchables.
   "Now get out of here." - El Dorado.
   "Son of a...." - Spies Like Us
   "I'm perfectly calm, Dude." - The Big Lebowski.
   Songs: "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer
The Last Knight
   "I'm tired of people messin' with me." - Eddie Murphy Raw.
   "Next time you shoot somebody, don't go near 'em till you're sure they're dead." - El Dorado.
   "I'll burn you so bad you'll wish you'd died as a child." - Good Morning, Vietnam.
   "Before I do some damage you won't walk away from." - True Romance.
   "That's how you get to the big leagues." - Barbershop: The Next Cut.
Bumblebee
Rise of the Beasts
    "Yippie-ki-yay, mother-" - Die Hard.
    "Well, well, who've we got here?" - Happy Days.
    "What the hell am I looking at?" - Spaceballs.
    "Get the hell out of dodge." - Married... with Children.
    "Let's blow it up." - ???
    "They are my friends." - Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
    "You can't handle the truth!" - A Few Good Men.
    "Not on my watch." - ???
    "Not so fast! Not so fast!" - The Wizard of Oz.
    "Oh captain, my captain." - Dead Poets Society.
    "I have come here to [...] kick ass." - They Live.
    "Say hello to my little friend!" - Scarface.
Comics
Nefarious
   "And I yell from the top of my lungs, 'What's going on?'" - "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes.
   "Reach out, and I'll be there..." - "Reach Out, I'll Be There" by The Four Tops.
   "Crack all shutters open wide..." - "Crack the Shutters" by Snow Patrol
   "Ready or not, here I come..." - Standard saying in the game "Hide and Seek" 
   "Ay, caramba!" - A standard Spanish interjection, but most likely lifted from The Simpsons.
Dark of the Moon pack-in comics
   "No one dared... disturb the sound of silence." - "The Sound of Silence" by Simon and Garfunkel.
   "What we have here is a failure to communicate." - Cool Hand Luke.
   "You can just give up the ship!" - "Dare To Be Stupid" by "Weird Al" Yankovic
   "Sam, Sam-- you know where I am!" - "Sam" by Olivia Newton-John
Other
Ask Vector Prime
   --October 9--
   "*fanfare* Welcome (The Lion King) to (Cab Calloway?) Bee's (Dr. Bees by Harry Partridge) Backtalk! (Everybody Hates Chris) Let's go, go, go! (The Cat in the Hat)"
   "Who you gonna call? (Ghostbusters)"
   "I, uhhh (Warcraft)... I don't wanna talk about it. (The Room)"
   "That's my name. (Grease) Don't wear it out! (Pee-Wee's Big Adventure)"
   --October 10--
   "The, uh... stuff that dreams are made of. (The Maltese Falcon)"
   "Say waaaa? (Clone High) I love kids and kids love me. (The Secret of NIMH) You're gonna need all nine lives after this beat-down, pussycat! (Marmaduke)"
   "Game over, man, game over! (Aliens) It's the end of the world as we know it! (R.E.M. song) You're gonna need a bigger boat. (Jaws)"
   "See they say that I'm a role model. (Chipmunk song) But I go tit for tat with/Anybody who's talking this sh- (Eminem song) Uhoh! I know I'm not supposed to say those things on television. I can't say those words, and I apologize. I am sorry, I am sorry! (Man on the Moon)"
   "D'oh! (The Simpsons) You know you wanna make me (shout)/kick my hands up and (The Isley Brothers song) if he were here I swear, (high school film) pow, right in the kisser! (The Honeymooners)"
   --October 11--
   "Nobody puts baby in a corner. (Dirty Dancing)"
   "Son of a-- (Age of Extinction) why you bringin' up old sh-- (Friday) what a piece of junk (Star Wars) stock car flaming with the cruise control. (Beck song) I'm sorry. (Rabbit Hole) It's just, (high school film) I don't like him! (The Devil's Advocate)"
   "And I would have gotten away with it, if it hadn't been for those meddling kids! (Scooby-Doo)"
   "Ah, boy, here we go! (JonTron) Yooo Joe! (G.I. Joe) Yabba-dabba-do! (The Flintstones) You eeediot! (Ren and Stimpy) I'll take the case! (Harvey Birdman) Bite my shiny metal a- (Futurama) Form Blazing Sword! (Voltron) Wubba-lubba-dub-dub! (Rick and Morty)"
   "Might as well be walking on the sun. (Smash Mouth song)"
   --October 12--
   "We're all searching for 'em. (Surface song) I'm just looking for clues! (Joe Walsh song) I'll let you know if I find anything. (The Mentalist)"
   "I love them! (Chicago song) Those guys are ballers, yo! (Community)"
   "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. (JFK)"
   "Well, this is another fine mess you've gotten me into. (Laurel and Hardy)"
   "You can't see it/It's electric!/You've gotta feel it/It's electric! (Marcia Griffiths song)"
   --October 13--
   "I...was uncomfortable. (high school film) And I said I was okay, but I wasn't actually. It was kinda weird. (Parks and Recreation) Yeah, let's talk about something else. (Scott Pilgrim vs. The World)"
   "It's my thing! (Marva Whitney song)"
   "Oh, that's easy. (Grey's Anatomy) And the answer is-- (The Transformers: The Movie)"
BEACHCOMBER (SHATTERED GLASS)
Eye in the Sky
   "Cat's in the cradle! And the silver spoon!" - "Cat's in the Cradle" by Harry Chapin
   "Now's your time to burn your mind!" - "Fire" by Arthur Brown
Blitzwing Bop
   "Waitin' to meet the new boss, same as the old boss. Don't get fooled again." - "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who
   "I rose above the noise and confusion! Though my mind can think I still am a madman... I hear the voices when I'm--" - "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas
   "Yeah, I can dig it. Keep it copacetic." - ???
   "Cry the cable, cry the world, unknown terror's here." - "Transmaniacon MC" by Blue Oyster Cult
   "Girl in the corner, let the sound take you away." - "Magic Carpet Ride" by Steppenwolf
   "I am resenting a position that is past resentment!" - "PDA" by Interpol 
   "And I breathed in, and there was smoke in my lungs and there was fire in my brains!" - "Fire Poem" by Arthur Brown
   "They looked backward and said goodbye." - "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult
   "Are you satisfied? How long can you stand the heat?" - "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen
   "When I get to the bottom... I go back to the top of the slide!" - "Helter Skelter" by The Beatles
   "Ain't nowhere to go, Reaper's saved your soul." - "Nowhere to Run (Vapor Trail)" by The Crystal Method
   "Gonna getcha, getcha, getcha, getcha...." - "One Way or Another" by Blondie
   "Je me lance vers la gloire." - "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads
   "You wins some, lose some, it's all the same to me!" - "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead
   "I'm gonna go the place that's the best!" - "Spirit in the Sky" by Norman Greenbaum
Transhuman
   "With cold steel odor on their bodies they move to connect." - "Shadowplay" by Joy Division
   "These boots are gonna walk all over you!" - "These Boots Are Made for Walkin'" by Lee Hazlewood
   "Stand by for Exciter! Salvation is his task!" - "Exciter" by Judas Priest
   "To my ears the greatest sin, feel a bit like Beethoven!" - "Slowly Growing Deaf" by Mr. Bungle
PLASMA (BEAST WARS: UPRISING)
Head Games
   "The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned." - "The Second Coming" by W.B. Yeats
   "Not in lone splendor hung aloft at night" - "Bright Star" by John Keats
   "Sending such flame from frozen breast." - poem by Thomas Wyatt
   "Memories of sorrow break upon the shore like waves on the beach like." - ???
   "Too many years decades centuries of petty infighting of." - ???
   "Might as well be walking on the sun." - "Walkin' on the Sun" by Smash Mouth
   "Where bloody Tybalt, yet but green in earth, ties festering." - Romeo & Juliet
   "Peasants of that land Wondering to lay." - "A Dream of Death" by William Butler Yeats
   "Sunlight moonlight moonshine coca-cola chocolate the touch of." - ???
   "Bearing the sound of a quiver in the empty air out the reins as." - ???
   "To feel the thrill of opening a gift." - ???
   "What men or gods are these, what maidens loth, what mad pursuit what struggle." - ???
   "By the ocean, it was so dismal." - "Redondo Beach" by Patti Smith
   "You're in the jungle, baby, you gonna die." - "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses
Cybertronix
    "-ide is loosed, and everywhere the ceremony of innocence is drowned." - "The Second Coming" by William Butler Yeats
    "-tted to the sphere. Our missiles always make too short an arc." - "A Soldier" by Robert Frost
    "The angel begged permission." - "A Little East of Jordan" by Emily Dickinson
    "The stars not so out of reach for Lio Convoy as for us." - ??? (probably n/a)
    "All you need is love." - song by The Beatles
GOLDBUG (BEAST WARS: UPRISING)
Derailment
   "This is what we've waited for, this is it, boys, this is war!" - "99 Red Balloons" by Nena
   "Run to the hills." -- song by Iron Maiden
   "You can't always get what you want." - song by The Rolling Stones
   "Don't fear the reaper." - song by Blue Oyster Cult
The Inexorable March
   "You can go your own way... go your own way." - "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac
RUN-OVER (BEAST WARS: UPRISING)
Derailment
   [tba]
FURMANISMS
FANON
Regenerated
    "Feh. Never did want to live forever." - Crankcase, Scavengers
    "[...] its short, sharp lesson" - Narrator, Prime Wars XIII
    "[...] her body would be in a whole world of pain." - Narrator, Pax Cybertronia XIII
    "You know, I never did want to live forever." - Steel Jaw, Pax Cybertronia XIII

No comments:

Post a Comment